directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Summary of my work on the poms
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:01:47 GMT
- Update to latest ASF TLP (apache-5.pom)
- Consolidate pluginManagement sections in Directory TLP an have it in subproject poms only
where specific plugins are
needed. This should make maintenance of plugins easier and make sure that all of the directory
projects are using the
same version of a plugin
- Adapt deployment configuration of snapshots to ASF TLP to make it easier to deploy Snapshots
from the ASF CI (but up
to now it's not working, see mail I sent to the Infra ML:
http://www.archivum.info/dev@directory.apache.org/2009-02/msg00348.html)
- Update wiki howto deploy snapshot artifacts and generated site to custom location
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/zbEB)
- Remove default nag mail address a CI is using -> nag mails addresses need to be configured
in the CI itself (due to
Emmanuels complaint ;) )

I hope that
- I catched everything and it still is building and working well
- Maintenance of plugins is made easier
- Poms are less polluted with 'common' stuff - more of the same in each pom
- The Directory project is now more fit for ASF CI

Still some open tasks
- Make Snapshot deployment from ASF CI possible and remove the corresponding sections in the
subproject poms
- Where shall the generated documentation goto? Can this be done also by ASF CI? Do we need
a daily generation of the
documentation or shall we generate the documentation only when releasing a component and copy
it then to the
directory.a.o site?
- If all above tasks are solved do we still need our oxylos CI?

Regards
Felix