directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Problems with noarch-installer in 1.5.5 SNAPSHOT (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:06:05 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Stefan Zoerner schrieb:
>> Thanks Felix for taking care of this.
>> I got this error yesterday as well, after fixing the commons logging and
>> the xdbm prob. Seems like nothing suitable is in the lib folder (Bouncy
>> Castle)
> Yep, the Bouncy Castle jar is missing. Using patch below solves the problem and it seems
as I can start the server.
> I didn't committed it because I'm not sure about the licenses of Bouncy Castle, especially
when I see, that in
> the
shade-plugin is used to exclude
The license is not anymore a pb. It never was, in fact. The problem was
with the inclusion of a patented algorithm (IDEA) in a 13x version of
BC, which has been solved in BC 140.

So we can now include BC and get ride of shade.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message