directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Problems with noarch-installer in 1.5.5 SNAPSHOT (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:51:26 GMT

>> When I add commons-logging by hand (jar-File,
>> apacheds.bat-adjustment), the next Errors deals with a class from
>> apacheds-xdbm-base-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar, apacheds.bat does not contain
>> it in the classpath. After adding that, next thing missing is Bouncy
>> Castle.
> Ok, we have to fix this part. Seems like the standard buid does not
> check that we can also build the installers. That's a problem...
>>
>> It seems that at least the apacheds.bat file is not generated
>> correctly. Perhaps the content in the lib-File is not complete as well.

IMO it's bad practice to have hardcoded the libraries in the classpath as it is done in this
case, apacheds.bat as well
as apacheds.sh. If we just add all libraries located in the lib folder to the classpath (loop
and collect them in the
start script) would not only make it easier to avoid such kind of problems but also gives
the user the (easy) ability to
add custom jars to the application - just put the custom jar into the lib folder and restart
the application.

My 2 cents
Felix