directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject [ApacheDS] Problems with noarch-installer in 1.5.5 SNAPSHOT (NoClassDefFoundError)
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:53:14 GMT
Hi all,

I was able to build the server as described here:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/02-building-trunks.html

and the "Starting the server without installation" works as well.

When I build the installers

cd apacheds-trunk
mvn install
cd installers/apacheds
mvn -Pserver-installer install

this also works, but the resulting archives seem to have problems.
When I unzip the apacheds-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.zip somewhere and call
apacheds.bat, I get ClassNotFounds:

org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
         at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.<init>
(AbstractApplicationContext.java:146)

When I add commons-logging by hand (jar-File, apacheds.bat-adjustment),
the next Errors deals with a class from
apacheds-xdbm-base-1.5.5-SNAPSHOT.jar, apacheds.bat does not contain it
in the classpath. After adding that, next thing missing is Bouncy Castle.

It seems that at least the apacheds.bat file is not generated correctly.
Perhaps the content in the lib-File is not complete as well.

Or do I miss something?

JIRA?

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan