directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ChangeLog + revert, broken , take 2
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:51:28 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> We just call revert on ChangeLog
>>
>>> which we grab from the DirectoryService.
>>>
>> That mean we have to move the logic into the ChangeLog class. I'm not
>> against this idea, however, we have to move almost all the codefrom
>> the interceptor to the ChangeLog class. Not a lot of work though ...
>>

> Sorry not understanding why we have to do this.

The changeLog interceptor is currently storing info in the CL file. The
DirectoryService is reverting the entries. So you have two places where
the work is done. The ebig probelm is that when reverting, as we have to
apply the reverted operations on the backend, we have to go through the
chain of interceptors, which leads to log the reverted operation in to
the CL file, as the CL interceptor is fired.

see my point ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com