directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: ApacheDs - DIGEST-MD5
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:54:48 GMT
Nowhere wrote:
> thanks for you interesting...
> I can't say what is my command line...I don't understand what you mean,
> sorry :(
> Perhaps you mean java command line? I use: java AdvancedBindDemo fullname
> inClearText where fullname exists on my server. If I change my code from:

> ---> // Step 3: Bind with found DN and given password
>             ctx.addToEnvironment(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, dn);
>             ctx.addToEnvironment(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, password);
>             // Perform a lookup in order to force a bind operation with JNDI
>             ctx.lookup(dn); <------
>
> TO:
>
> ---> // Step 3: Bind with found DN and given password
>             ctx.addToEnvironment(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "fullname");
>             ctx.addToEnvironment(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, password);
>             // Perform a lookup in order to force a bind operation with JNDI
>             ctx.lookup(dn); <---
>
> Where I force cn I wish to use (and replace full dn) it works fine. With dn
> I get the exception I said in previous post.

Yes, thanks that was what I meant. I see much clearer now.

> Anyway I can tell you it works for several users, yes... my problem is
> getting it working with full dn and not only uid or cn...Sorry if I can't
> explain it in a better way.
> Thanks...any else question or help will be appreciated,

Is the value of the fullname and the uid attribute of your users the
same? I would it expect that it works with uid only; the CN is not
necessarily unique.

Why do you want to perform a search and use the DN, if you can use the
unique uis immediatly? Do you plan to use another attribute for logon
(like mail)?

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan