directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r743680 - /directory/studio-plugin/trunk/pom.xml
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:02:09 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>>> Does it make sense ?
>> So you have all those properties in the TLP pom?
>> This will force us to release a new TLP pom everytime we do a release of any sub
project (don't know if this has to be
>> considered as good or as bad).
>
> I think this is already the case, no ?

Two more thoughts about this:
1. ATM you're not force to but it's done in most cases to reflect updated common dependencies.
2. You'll need to release always 2 TLP poms per release cycle: One with the released version
properties and one
afterwards with the new SNAPSHOT versions to be able to continue development cyle.
The first released TLP pom you need to be able to do a rebuild of a release project - thinks
of the following situation:
Checkout a released project (e.g. apacheds, and only this one!). It has as parent a (released)
TLP pom. This pom MUST
have also released versions of dependencies, e.g. shared.

Felix