directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: About Studio translations
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:48:20 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> I think it doesn't make sense to translate technical and LDAP-specific
> terms. Sometimes a take a look into Stefan Zoerner's German LDAP book
> and find some good translations :-)

Thanks Stefan!

But I have neither translated all terms. "Matching rule" for instance is
"Matching rule" in the book (although "Vergleichsregel" is not that bad).

In a text, it would be at least helpful to have the english term in
brackets.

Vergleichregeln (engl. matching rules) dienen dazu ...

If a user plans to search Google, or to interact with us on the ML,
knowledge of the English terms would simplify things a lot.

This is easy in a describing help text, but hard, if you simple have to
translate a button text or menu item. Perhaps you can add the English
terms in the tool tips ...

Greetings / Grüße,
     Stefan Z