directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject About Studio translations
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 16:39:58 GMT
Hi guys,

I was wondering, and it's not just me as Stefan is also having the same
concern, if we should translate technical terms like ObjectClass,
AttributeType or Matching Rules when doing a translation.

So far, this is what I have done in french, but it's not really good,
IMHO, as when you are manipulating some LDAP concepts, you know exactly
what is a Matching Rule (well, if only ... :), but the french
translation for this term is not exactly obvious... ("Règle
d'appariement" is far from being a good substitute for Matching Rule ;)

Wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com