directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Replication] RFC 4533
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 23:21:37 GMT
Hi guys,

I think that some necessary steps are to be fulfilled in order to get
the replication done quickly. One of them is to implement the controls
described into RFC 4533. I will start with the codec for the data
structure described into this RFC :
syncRequestValue,
syncStateValue,
syncDoneValue,
syncInfoValue.

It's easy to implement, and it's something we don't want to spend time
on when we will have to move to something more substential.

Otherwise, please read this RFC. OpenLDAP has based its syncRepl system
on it, AFAIK, and as Howard told me. One major advantage of implementing
it would be that we may be able to sunchronize with OpenLDAP, beside the
fact that it would also allow ADS to replicate on itself :)

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com