directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DRS] thoughts about implementation
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 07:58:09 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I agree that *ONLY* change operations that have succeeded should be logged
> into the CL.  But I think we at least need a marker in the journal to track
> the horizon between completed and in progress operations no?

Not necessarily. It can be stored into the CL. The journal is just a
safety net here, when we replay it, assuming we have started at a point
we had a failure, then if an operation has failed (like we try to delete
a non existing entry), it will fail again.

With the CL, we can obviously go a bit farther, and this this the goal,
but in case the CL is totally screwed up, we can restart from the journal.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org