directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRS] thoughts about implementation
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:39:58 GMT

> I agree that *ONLY* change operations that have succeeded should be
> logged into the CL.  But I think we at least need a marker in the
> journal to track the horizon between completed and in progress
> operations no?
IMO, this is the ideal case in the way a journal should be, but it requires transaction support.
HOWL has support for transactions but whether to use this support or not is still I haven't
evaluated yet.
Another thing is some attributes'( like 'revisions' ) new value is only available after completing
the
operation successfully and then storing in the CL.

--
Kiran Ayyagari