directory-dev mailing list archives

From Sushil Vegad <vsus...@serebrum.com>
Subject Custom schema errors on reboot
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:23:31 GMT

Hello,
We use a custom schema with apache-ds-1.5.4 on windows. I installed the
server, gave it my schema and the data using ldif files; my application runs
fine - I can search users, modify user attributes, add and delete users

If I REBOOT the directory server, I cannot modify or add users. It throws a
schema violation exception -  LDAP: error code 65 - OBJECT_CLASS_VIOLATION

Attached below is:
1) The OPEN-LDAP schema file named custom.schema. This schema is converted
to apache-ds schema using the Directory Server Studio, as per the user guide
on the apache-ds website.
2) User data file named data.ldif
3) Error file error.txt. The schema violation exception says that attribute
homephone is not declared in the objectClasses of the entry I am modifying.
When I connect using Directory Server Studio, I can see the entry and the
objectclass.

I cant figure out why I get these errors only after reboot. Please help
troubleshoot.

Thank you for your time.
Sushil

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22213293/custom.schema custom.schema