directory-dev mailing list archives

From Nowhere <spina.r...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDs - DIGEST-MD5
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:34:55 GMT

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the right place, but I have a problem connecting my
ApacheDS using DIGEST-MD5:

i wrote a simple java class that works fine with simple authentication.
Here it's:
public static void main(String[] args) throws NamingException {

        if (args.length < 2) {
            System.err.println("Usage: java AdvancedBindDemo <uid>
<password>");
            System.exit(1);
        }

        Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
"com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory");
        env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://localhost:10389/");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com");
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "admin");

But if a replace "env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "simple")" with
env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION, "DIGEST-MD5") and sends pwd in
clear or encrypted it sends me the following error:

[LDAP: error code 49 - INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire
password
for cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com in realm : example.com]

 I've tried (by Apache Studio ) to set password for
"cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com" both in clear text then using MD5..
What's wrong? Something in my server.xml? If you need it, let me knom!
I hope someone can help me, i'm a newbie in LDAP authentication!
Thanks in advance!