directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRS] thoughts about implementation
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:28:15 GMT
hi Alex,

> Again like I said it's not this simple. I think JDBM API's start to fail
> overall on corruption depending on how the corruption impacts accessing the
> BTree. One bad access can cause access to half the entries to fail.

yeah, JDBM fails even if a single byte in the end changes (I just removed a
character using vi editor then started the server, it barfed ;) )

> I think you're idea would work very well if the journal was well integrated
> with JDBM at the lowest level.

don't think I understood the 'lowest level' completely

and one more thing, I think this journal should be a replica of CL (CL is
more robust with indices though) this way we can even recover a crashed CL

wdyt?

Kiran Ayyagari