Hi guys,

I have a tricky question which is not really related specifically to ApacheDS but more LDAP specific.

I'm working on porting to LDAP a kind of RBAC API for handling Users, Rights and Applications which is based on a relational database.

Most of these objects are based on an integer primary key (and an auto-increment property placed on the associated table) that I need to keep when porting the API.
The problem is LDAP servers does not know about "auto-increment" IDs.

Do you have any recommended design pattern for solving such a problem?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud