directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] random thoughts ...
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 03:39:09 GMT
Just an input, FYI I am not an LDAP expert :-(

Consider a situation where we have 2 LDAP Server (geographically
redundant) and both remain active. The WAN connection between them
breaks and comes up after a time of n. Now to keep both of them in
sync we use replication, so that both of them can server all my Users.

1. Will the replication take care of these needs (Servers may or may
not be time synchronized)

So is it better to maintain when the Server last sent its entries for
replication (using his local clock) and start from there.

- ashish

--
thanks
ashish