directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRS] Changelog improvements
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:23:35 GMT
>> We need to extend the ChangeLog API to get able to handle :
>> - on disk storage
>> - Entry instead of Attrinutes
>
> didn't understand this. Atm, the LdifEntry used in changelog holds a
> ClientEntry
> and adds all the attributes to it. You mean to use a ServerEntry here?

AFAICT, from the code I checked yesturday, we convert Entries to
Attributes in order to store them in a LdifEntry. This is obviously
overkilling.

>> - only forward operations
>> - fast lookup for an entry by its DN, or entryCSN/UUID attributes.
>
> We need to allow duplicates in the DN index, there will be collisions.

Absolutely !

> How do we access CSN/UUID I think, this JournalInterceptor will be before
> the
> ReplicationInterceptor then we don't have access to CSN.

The entry will have been modified before, as we do everything after
having called the next() action in the interceptor prior doing
anything. So we will have access to everything.

>> Nothing complicated though. My idea is to use a simple file, being rotated
>> when we put some tag, plus some JDBM index around to be able to lookup for
>> DN, UUID or entryCSN.
>
> have started experimenting with a simple RandomAccessFile based Journal
> ( but the work is quite slow cause of me being lazy ;) )

:) Let's make it work, then we will be able to improve it !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,