directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: [DRS] Changelog improvements
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:58:55 GMT
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:40 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <>wrote:

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>> - fast lookup for an entry by its DN, or entryCSN/UUID attributes.
> We need to allow duplicates in the DN index, there will be collisions.
> How do we access CSN/UUID I think, this JournalInterceptor will be before
> the
> ReplicationInterceptor then we don't have access to CSN. One way would be
> create these values in JournalInterceptor and pass on to
> ReplicationInterceptor

The server should be generating entryUUID values and entryCSN operational
attributes for all entries and changes respectively.  This should be done
even if replication is not enabled. So it's best if the code generating
these be separated from mitosis and put into the operational interceptor.

View raw message