directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRS] Changelog improvements
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:55:40 GMT
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys,
> - it stores forward and revert changes (we don't need revert usually)

We do need information to be able to revert operations such as deletes with
the appropriate add operation.  I don't recommend removing the reverse
changes unless you're certain you can capture all the necessary information
to fully revert an operation.

> We may also add a new interceptor for that purpose, namely a
> JournalInterceptor.

The CL is not really a transaction journal but I think I understand what you
mean.

> Nothing complicated though. My idea is to use a simple file, being rotated
> when we put some tag, plus some JDBM index around to be able to lookup for
> DN, UUID or entryCSN.

Why do that when you can build the entire thing using JDBM?

Alex