directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] ADS cluster management
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:55:42 GMT
I've thought about using these kinds of generalized frameworks to help piece
together various aspects of the LDAP replication system. At various stages I
thought that these toolkits may be as you thought heavy.  In most cases, I
felt that they were hard to fashion into something LDAP specific.  I've
always felt like you have to create the message transport layer and directly
implement the group management since it was defined by the replication
agreement.

Also I think there's something like this out there used by JINI: Javaspaces
I think.  FYI JINI is now an Apache project called River I think so the code
should be there.

Cheers,
Alex