directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.directory.shared:shared-parent module uses old org.apache.directory.project:project artifact
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 16:38:29 GMT
Depends really.  If someone changed the parent pom specifically to add new
elements for this project. They may have only altered the dependency where
it was needed.

All in all we should always stick to released parent poms. We have a fast
track for releasing the project pom so there is no big issue with staying
away from SNAPSHOT project poms.

Maven does weird things when the project pom is a -SNAPSHOT.  This is why we
have this page here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Top+Level+Pom+Management+Policy

Alex