directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Toward 1.4.0, what about a roadmap ?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 12:40:28 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

Sorry for this late answer but your mail was at the very end of my stack of
(thousands of) unread messages when I got back from Hawaii...

You're right this could be a good idea to ask our users what they want to
see in the future versions (1.4+ and maybe 2.0+).

Maybe what we could do is open a page on the wiki (and website) we can
discuss the next versions of Studio, and categorize and prioritize the new
features, improvements, etc.
Then, we could send a mail on the users ML *and* also, in order to get
feedback from more people, have something on Studio's website indicating
that gathering features/improvements requests from our users for the next
versions of Studio.

Unfortunately, I'm currently working on a contract that keeps me very busy
(and will keep busy in the next 3 months) so time for introducing new
features will be lacking I think.

There's one thing I'm really want to do and that is going to be a great
improvement is add french translation to Studio. Thanks to Felix who, once
again, has done an incredibly job on externalizing all the string in Studio
and organize them in property files (I can easily imagine how hard (and
boring...) this should have been), it's now very easy to add any new
translation. Felix has done the german translation. I will do the french.
Maybe we can ask our users if they can/want to do other translations too.
I really think this should be one (maybe the only one, if we want to release
the next version soon) of the most important highlights for this new
version.

Of course, we can also add to the roadmap the usual minor bug fixes.

WDTY?

Pierre-Arnaud