directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Mitosis] Interface vs classes
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 13:48:00 GMT

I agree, given that the CSN interface implies that all implementors
have timestamp, replicaID and operationSequence it really doesn't seem
likely that anyone would want to make a custom CSN class.  CSNFactory is
just as bad.

Martin

>>> Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> 09/01/2009 12:24 >>>
Hi,

while reviewing Mitosis, I found that we have many cases where we use
an
interface and a single implementing class. For instance :

interface CSN
class DefaultCSN

interface CSNFactory
class DefaultCSNFactory

I don't think that defining an interface for every single class we want

to design  is a very good idea. So far, I don't think either that we
might implement those interfaces elsewhere for another specific need.

I suggest we simply discard the interface, and rename the DefaultXXX ro

the Interface name.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny