directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Mitosis review
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:24:33 GMT
Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> I have a question, do we still use derby in the new/revised
> replication system( IIRC sometime back there was a discussion about
> taking derby out completely).
This is still to be discussed. It all depend on how we deal with pending
requests. We can switch to some journal, but the main problem is to
remove operations from this journal when they have been propagated.

Another option would be to use the DiT to store those pending operations.
> And what would be the best way for me to start working? understanding
> mitosis? and/or any other things out there
> like those mentioned in [1]
This page contains an analysis on what we currently have :

You have to know that we are mostly on the same base : I'm trying to
reverse-engineer Mitosis, creating this page and updated it step by step.

I suggest we do that hand in hand, as we both have a little knowledge of
the current implementation.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message