directory-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Toward 2.0...
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 17:39:23 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:

> The DRS system is of interest to me. What happens at the moment if the
> system crashes?  Can we copy the flat files, daily, hourly?  Would they
> be re-usable. i.e. Could I copy the data files, and could they be used
> again if copied over the other files?   I am thinking about a backup
> strategy for the LDAP data.

I use subversion to back up my LDAP servers - the ldif snapshot is
dumped on a regular basis, and the ldif is then automatically checked
into a repository dedicated for this purpose.

This technique gives you backup depth, so that corruption of the LDAP
server doesn't result in accidental corruption of the backups.

Regards,
Graham