directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksander Adamowski" <apache-direct...@olo.org.pl>
Subject Re: Logs of Apache DS instance launched from org.apache.directory.server.integ.SiRunner?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 15:04:45 GMT
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just edit the log level in the log4j.properties file that can be found in
> the src/test/resources folder of the subproject that you want to generate
> logs for.

If you're talking about the log4j.properties files in apacheds's
subprojects, then note that I'm using the embedded Apache DS, launched
directly from apacheds-server-integ and other JARs using the class
org.apache.directory.server.integ.SiRunner. So I cannot edit those
properties without messing with the jar contents.

If you're talking about placing a log4j.properties in my own
test/resources/ folder, then I've already done that with log4j.xml and
now tried again with log4j.properties, with no effect. The
log4j.properties is indeed read from the test classpath, and processed
properly -  messages originating from Spring Framework and my own
classes do get logged. Apache Directory messages don't go anywhere.

My log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger=TRACE, confmanfileappender
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p %c %m%n
log4j.appender.confmanfileappender=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.confmanfileappender.file=confman.log
log4j.appender.confmanfileappender.append=false
log4j.appender.confmanfileappender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.confmanfileappender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{HH:mm:ss}
%5p %c %m%n
log4j.logger.org.springframework=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache=DEBUG

--