Sounded like you had some permission's issues.  If the db files cannot be accessed check and make sure the ADS user has access to them.

Regards,
Alex

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 8:19 AM, hayart <hay_art@rambler.ru> wrote:

hayart wrote:

> Hi, I migrate 40.000 data to ApacheDS.
> Now I can not connect to  ApacheDS.
> Following exception appeared
>
> Error while opening connection
> localhost:10389
>   localhost:10389
>   Connection refused
>   No connection
>
> after start ApacheDS
> get followin exception
>
> [15:24:53] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Installation
> verification failure!
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: /opt/apacheds-1.5.4 is write protected
> from the current user: apacheds
>       at
> org.apache.directory.daemon.InstallationLayout.verifyInstallation(InstallationLayout.java:292)
>       at
> org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.setInstallationLayout(Bootstrapper.java:85)
>       at
> org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper.start(TanukiBootstrapper.java:49)
>       at
> org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)
>
> I don`t want to reinstall server, because I thing all data may be lost,

ok, I am already fix the problem,
During the migration appeared many errors, and server can not start database
which is content incorrect data.
thanks.