directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can not start Apacheds server
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2008 13:49:50 GMT
hayart wrote:
> ok :handshake:

Just _realize_ that we are trying to give you some help remotely.
Telling us 'It does not work' isn't an valuable information. Read the
page I sent you a link on, it's full of good advices.

ADS is not a simple piece of software, and as the documentation is also
lacking, I understand it's not easy for you to get it working. We are
working day after day to improve the server, and the documentation, but
it takes time. On the other side, a minimal understanding about what is
LDAP and Linux is necessary in order to get it working on such an
environment, otherwise you will face issues we won't be able give you
some help on, as we are assuming you have a base knowledge on those matters.

Last, not least, this is the dev list, not the user list. Your
questions, AFACT, deserves to be posted on the users list, as you will
be likely to get answers from users who have already experienced the
exact same problem.

Many thanks!

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny