directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration ASF continuum [was: Asked INFRA to add Directory in ASF continuum]
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:30:26 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Btw, I had many small issues (see
> http://hrabal.blogspot.com/2008_12_14_archive.html),
>
> 2. I don't see any reason why we should inject a scm tag in the pom.xml,
> as we _already_ set the pom's URL in continuum.
> Normally you upload a project into continuum just indication the
> pom.xml. The scm url used in continuum is taken from the pom.

That preclude the fact that your project will be managed by a CI system.
The thing is that you must give a link to the pom, and if you do so,
then you already have a link to the project, so I find it a duplication
of effort.
> 6. When you inject a project with modules, the default should be to
> _not_ add every module as a separate project (for X sake, this is why we
> use modules !)
> This depends if you enable the 'For multi modules project, load only
> root as recursive build' checkbox when adding a new project.

Again, it's more or less a user acceptance problem. The default is that
the project loads recursively _all_ the sub modules, if you forget to
check the box. It happened a couple of times when I created the
projects, and having to select the 50 modules I didn't want to see into
the group was a PITA, to say the least.

I think the default should be the opposite.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org