directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Paged Search Control questions
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:16:08 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Another one :
>>
>> suppose we have a normal user doing a search request with a sizeLimit of
>> 10, with the server limit set to 5, and the potential result would be 7
>> entries (so the result will be truncated to 5 entries due to the server
>> limit) :
>> - should we generate a SizeLimitExceededException ?
>>

> Do we generate such an SizeLimitExceededException when doing a normal
> search request without the paged search control? I guess yes. So I think
> we should also return an LDAP code 4 here.

The RFC says : "sizeLimitExceeded (4) : Indicates that the size limit
specified by the client was exceeded before the operation could be
completed."

So if the client does not specify a sizeLimit, but the server has one, I
don't know if we should generate a code 4 ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org