directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Paged Search Control questions
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 09:43:04 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> One more question :
>>
>> currently, if the request is send by the administrator, we don't respect
>> the server limit. Is this a good decision ? (of course, the request
>> sizeLimit is still valid).
>>

> I think it's ok. The admin has special priviliges, like root. This way
> the admin is able to get all entries. If I remeber correctly also ACIs
> are ignored for the admin.

Ok, thanks.

Another one :

suppose we have a normal user doing a search request with a sizeLimit of
10, with the server limit set to 5, and the potential result would be 7
entries (so the result will be truncated to 5 entries due to the server
limit) :
- should we generate a SizeLimitExceededException ?
> Regards,
> Stefan

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny