directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Shon Vella" <sve...@novell.com>
Subject Re: [server.xml] Discussion
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:15:52 GMT

IMHO, the real problem here is a configuration system that is based on the  internal structure/implementation
of the program (i.e. how all the internal components are wired together) rather than at level
of problem domain. End-user/Sysadmin configuration simply shouldn't be done at that level.

-Shon

>>> ayyagarikiran <ayyagarikiran@gmail.com> 12/3/2008 5:53 AM >>>
hi Emmanuel,

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> ayyagarikiran wrote:
>>> Right, I forgot to mention that. There is also something about Quartz
>>> integration.
>>>
>> hmm, isn't this a mandatory service which should run? ( which uses the
>> LDAP store to store its job info )
> yes, but we might need to configure it, nope ?
yeah, good to have this option ( after seeing the internals of quartz and its properties file
while implementing the new
store I just thought of bundling it with code(not a good idea) )

>>> At some point, having a monolithic server.xml will be totally
>>> unmanageable. May be we should think about a more versatile system,
>>> with sub files ?
>>>

>> hmm, IMHO configuring a system with more than one file may cause
>> frustration to the user.
> That's true, but configuring a system with a configuration  file
> thousands lines long is also painful...

agree

Kiran Ayyagari