Hi Felix,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
I wonder about the tagging in svn and the distribution directories dist
are unzip to. E.g. untarring the RC2 download from d.a.o/studio will
untar into a directory named
ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0.v20081020.
The svn tag is named 1.3.0.v20081020 whereas all earlier release tags
don't include the date in the release tag.

This is because we're now using the release plugin and I wanted to have the same naming between all the plugins and the tag.

If we didn't changed naming
for releases we should at least  rename the svn tag and build the
downloadable distributions to extract in a directory named
ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0 (for linux x86) - this will
probably force a new dist build with the adapted version.

I'm not sure we need to do this. I think it's safe f we can avoid uploading another 500 MB on Maven repositories with no change in the code base.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud