I'm reposting with fixed subject field and response below . . . -- Tim

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on embedding apacheds in a custom container.  I'm running into a
> problem with the following line in AbstractBootstrapSchema:
>
> private static final String DEFAULT_PACKAGE_NAME =
> AbstractBootstrapSchema.class.getPackage().getName();
>
> The classloader I'm using does not set the package field, so when this class
> is loaded I'm getting a NullPointerException.  I'm looking to see if I can
> change the classloader somehow, but my reading of the Classload docs
> indicates getPackage() is allowed to return null.

Otherwise, we can test with this function :

public static String getpkg(Class cl){
String clname = cl.getName();
int lastDot = clname.lastIndexOf('.');
return clname.substring(0,lastDot);
}

(found this workaround here : http://coverlipse.sourceforge.net/faq.php)

Which version of ADS are you working with ?

Emmanuel,

I was working with 1.5.4, but I'm now trying with the 1.5.5 source.  I made the fix to set the package name, but now I am getting this stack trace:

org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.partition.UniqueResourceException: Problem locating bootstrap partition database file list. Be sure there is exactly one bootstrap partition jar in your classpath.
No resources named 'org/apache/directory/server/schema/bootstrap/partition/DBFILES' located on classpath
    at org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.partition.DbFileListing.getUniqueResource(DbFileListing.java:144)
    at org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.partition.DbFileListing.getUniqueResourceAsStream(DbFileListing.java:134)
    at org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.partition.DbFileListing.init(DbFileListing.java:82)
    at org.apache.directory.server.schema.bootstrap.partition.DbFileListing.<init>(DbFileListing.java:51)

So it seems like another potential issue with the classloader I am trying to use.  This will take some time to troubleshoot.

Thanks