directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stability of AD trunk
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:08:04 GMT
Thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
snip
> we have a problem with trunk, the ReferralInterceptor is not present in the
> server.xml, leading to some NPE. This will be fixed in 1.5.5.
snip

Sure - I'm glad it wasn't a problem with my environment only.

> We also had some failures in ads-mina2 due to some bad code which as also
> been fixed a couple of days ago.
>
> I'm sorry that it has become a bumpy road lately, I think we are back on a
> easier path now.

No probs, I thought looking at the dates of the last modifications
that apacheds-mina2 was the right branch, but if ads-mina2 is the
right one then I'll take note.

> I'm working on the ads-mina2 branch, as we will migrate to MINA 2 as soon as
> we can use a MINA 2 jar, which takes longer than expected. Sadly MINA
> 2.0.0-M3 was unusable for our need, and cutting a release in this side
> project takes some time. We are working on it, and it will be done in a
> week, I think. In the mean time, I must admit that every important
> modification is done in the branch, and that I'm expecting to merge next
> week.
>
> Feel free to join me on IRC if you need some quick help to build this
> branch.

Sure, I'll raise the JIRA and submit the patch but will most probably
wait until you're happy with the trunk again before looking at the
issue in detail again.

> You can raise a JIRA, wze didn't modified this part of the code since ...
> years ?

Will do. Yeah I'm pretty sure the issue is old too as I ran into it a
few times before but never got to the bottom of exactly where the
problem was and worked around the need for the nested filter instead.
However, when using nisNetGroup my options are much more limited.

> Hope it helps...

Thanks, does help indeed! Get some sleep!

Cheers