directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [STUDIO] New Plugins -> Externalize String
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:33:14 GMT
Hi all,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Felix,
>
> first, thanks for the painfull time you spent on this NLS thing... I guess
> it was a limited pleasure :)

Same thing here. Many thanks for this hard work. :)

I tested the application in German and it looks great. Now, I want to do the
same thing with French. :)

> Felix Knecht wrote:

>> Hi Guys
>>
>> When writing a new plugin PLEASE externalize the strings. It's really a
>> PITA to do it later, because you may be missing
>> the context.
>>

> May I suggest you create a small page on the wiki explaining the rules to
> follow in order to get some code supporting i18n? I'm pretty sure it would
> help people (like me) who have never written any I18n java code (yes, and
> I'm not proud of it ... but I'm not a GUI guy ;)

Yeah, you're right a wiki page about that is a good idea.

And Felix is also right about externalizing the strings as soon as possible
to avoid painful hours of externalization later.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud