directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject [STUDIO] Where to put the messages.properties file?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 05:30:41 GMT
Good morning (at least for me)

Externalizing strings I run into the next problem:

>From maven's POV *.properties files belongs to the src/main/resources folder. The problem
is that Eclipse doesn't finds
the properties files there. When opening the 'Externalize String' wizard on a file with already
externalized strings
you'll see just on the right side the string tags, but the left side (containing the values
from the messages.properties
files) stays empty until I move the messages.properties file from the resources folder over
to the java folder next to
the java class. As I couldn't find any settings allowing me to configure the Externalize wizard
I suggest moving the
messages_*.properties files over into the src/main/java folder to make life easier when editing
the externalized strings
 via the wizard. This will also affect some changes in the pom.xml to make sure that the properties
files are also taken
from the src/main/java folders ...

WDYT?

Regards