directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Partition interface: javadoc outdated?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:57:52 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am obviously not an expert on this architecture stuff. But I assume,
> this is outdated.
No need to be an architect to see that ! Even me, I can tell how
outdated the Javadoc is :/
> The current javadoc of the
> org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.Partition interface tells us
>
> "An interfaces that bridges between underlying JNDI entries and JNDI
> Context API."
>
> But JNDI has been removed from the core. Right?
Right.

> What would be a better short description?
An interface that bridge underlaying storage of entries and the server
API.  (Alex will confirm of give a better definition, I think)

> Other question on javadoc:
> class AddOperationContext from
> org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.context states the
> following:
>
> "A Add context used for Interceptors. It contains all the informations
> needed for the add operation, and used by all the interceptors."
>
> This is still correct, but it is used in Partition as well. Suggestion:
>
> "An Add context used for interceptors and partitions ... "
>
> What do you think?
> If it is ok, I'll fix these docs (many other occurrences in other
> OpContexts ...).
That's ok. OpContext are really used in a mean to limit the number of
parameters we have to pass to each specific operation (Add, Delete,
etc). It has another major advantage of being extensible, at no cost.

> Greetings from Hamburg,
>     Stefan
Thanks Stefan !

PS : I warn you about the Javadoc, because as the code is pretty big
now, with more than 2500 java classes, it's very likely that a huge part
of it is outdated. However, we are doing our best when modifying the
classes to get the javadoc as accurate as possible, but it's a it like a
"sisyphean" effort :/

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com