directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject XBean questions
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 21:50:05 GMT
Hi,

as I have added some properies into the AbstractProtocolService class,
I'm now trying to get them listed on the web site (documentation effort
...).

The problem I have is that all the setXXX() methods are immediately seen
as configuration parameters, even if it's not the case.

We are using a generic XBean annotation :

 * @org.apache.xbean.XBean
 */
public class NtpServer extends AbstractProtocolService

which use reflection to construct the XSD file from the javaclass. What
I would like to do is to remove the useless parameters from this XSD
file when the maven-xbean-plugin is run. For instance, I don't want :
- DatagramAcceptor
- SocketAcceptor
- DirectoryService (we don't use it for the NtpServer)
- ServiceID (This is a technical info which will never change)
- ServiceName (This is a technical info which will never change)
- started (it's a protected boolean set by the server itself, no need to
configure it)
- TransportProtocols

Anyone knows how to get those elements not generated as part of the XSD
file ?

I have looked at the very sparse xbean doco, but didn't find anywhere
something helpful. What I would like to do is to add some annotation to
tell XBean not to use a setter as a configuration element. Or the
opposite : declare all the configurable element in the top level class,
telling xbean not to dig into the class and its parents for a new
configurable element.

Is it possible ?

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,