directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.3.0
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:23:04 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> I wonder about the tagging in svn and the distribution directories dist
> are unzip to. E.g. untarring the RC2 download from d.a.o/studio will
> untar into a directory named
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0.v20081020.
> The svn tag is named 1.3.0.v20081020 whereas all earlier release tags
> don't include the date in the release tag.  If we didn't changed naming
> for releases we should at least  rename the svn tag and build the
> downloadable distributions to extract in a directory named
> ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0 (for linux x86) - this will
> probably force a new dist build with the adapted version.

I totally +1 this proposal. And I don't see either why we have a date in
a tags. I would rather produce a 1.3.0-RC2 than a 1.3.0-v20081020, it's
really straightforward to know which version it is. IMHO, date in
version should be reserved for nighty build only.

I hope we can modify this for this GA release :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org