directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.3.0
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:05:44 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Apache Directory Studio version 1.3.0 RC2 has been released almost one
> month ago and from the user input we've received, I think it's now
> safe to declare this release as the 1.3.0 final version.

+1

> For your information, there won't be any new build needed for
> releasing this version, we just need to update the website to declare
> this release as the final one.
I wonder about the tagging in svn and the distribution directories dist
are unzip to. E.g. untarring the RC2 download from d.a.o/studio will
untar into a directory named
ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0.v20081020.
The svn tag is named 1.3.0.v20081020 whereas all earlier release tags
don't include the date in the release tag.  If we didn't changed naming
for releases we should at least  rename the svn tag and build the
downloadable distributions to extract in a directory named
ApacheDirectoryStudio-linux-x86-1.3.0 (for linux x86) - this will
probably force a new dist build with the adapted version.

Thanks
Felix