directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Up Custom SSLContext for Ldaps Server
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:30:05 GMT
Michael Ibbeken wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
>   thank you so much for the replay and insight into this topic.
>
>   we need to set up a custom sslcontext as we have a custom key
>   and trust store for our solution.

Makes sense.
>   yes, allowing for injection in the code and configuring things
>   from the spring side would be an option.
>
>   i was wondering why the code wasn't using the socketfactory
>   mechanism. that would allow cusotmization by defining the default
>   socket factory from the hosting code/environment I would guess.

We are relying on MINA SslFilter atm, and I must say it's a pretty messy
part of the code which need some refactoring. Actually, we are migrating
to MINA 2.0.0-M3, with hopefully a new version with a better SslFilter
implementation in sight, but it will take a little while (I don't think
we will have it before the end of this year).

So I think that any help to define a more versatile SSL handling in MINA
would be very helpful.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com