directory-dev mailing list archives

From x <>
Subject [ApacheDS] Problem with AbstratctBootstrapSchema
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:43:01 GMT
I'm reposting with fixed subject field and response below . . . -- Tim

> Hi,
> I'm working on embedding apacheds in a custom container.  I'm running into
> problem with the following line in AbstractBootstrapSchema:
> private static final String DEFAULT_PACKAGE_NAME =
> AbstractBootstrapSchema.class.getPackage().getName();
> The classloader I'm using does not set the package field, so when this
> is loaded I'm getting a NullPointerException.  I'm looking to see if I can
> change the classloader somehow, but my reading of the Classload docs
> indicates getPackage() is allowed to return null.
Otherwise, we can test with this function :

public static String getpkg(Class cl){
String clname = cl.getName();
int lastDot = clname.lastIndexOf('.');
return clname.substring(0,lastDot);

(found this workaround here :

Which version of ADS are you working with ?

I was working with 1.5.4, but I'm now trying with the 1.5.5 source.  I made
the fix to set the package name, but now I am getting this stack trace:
Problem locating bootstrap partition database file list. Be sure there is
exactly one bootstrap partition jar in your classpath.
No resources named
'org/apache/directory/server/schema/bootstrap/partition/DBFILES' located on

So it seems like another potential issue with the classloader I am trying to
use.  This will take some time to troubleshoot.

View raw message