+1

Yep sounds better.  I never used toString() to get the NDN; I preferred using the explicit accessor getNormName().

Alex

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi Emmanuel,

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm realizing that the LdapDN.toString() method returning a normalized DN was a truly bad idea. It's used all over the code, for instance to generate error messages, and this is obfuscating them.

It would be way better if the toString() method returns the user provided DN so that the semantic of this method is kept. All in all, the toString() method is supposed to return something whichj is readable by human beings, when 1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.0.2.1=test is not :)

So what about replacing the current implementation to return the UP name instead of the Normname ?

I think it makes sense.
+1

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud