It's now completely working now !
Both goals of the Release plugin are working great (release:prepare and release:perform).
Once again, thanks a lot Felix for your help on Maven. ;)

However, I still have one important question.

As it is right now the build will deploy on the Maven repository all our plugins and all our distributions.
That's a total of 500 MB for a single release!!!

Which makes me wonder if it's really necessary to deploy the distributions on the Maven repository.
If we remove the distributions, we _only_ have to deploy 200 MB, which is much more reasonable...