On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
What we could do is the following
Add this to the root profile:
   <profile>
     <id>foobar</id>
     <activation>
       <property>
         <name>fastbuild</name>
         <value>true</value>
       </property>
     </activation>
     <modules>
       <module>schemaeditor-help</module>
       <module>ldifeditor-help</module>
       <module>ldapbrowser-help</module>
       <module>apacheds-configuration-help</module>
       <module>apacheds-help</module>
     </modules>
   </profile>

and remove all the timestamp stuff we have added.
By default also the *help modules are build. If you as developer know
that they already exist you can add -Dfastbuild to your CLI and the
*help modules are skipped from build:

felix@pcfelix ~/svn/apache/directory/studio/trunk $ mvn
help:active-profiles|grep foobar
felix@pcfelix ~/svn/apache/directory/studio/trunk $ mvn
help:active-profiles -Dfastbuild|grep foobar
 - foobar (source: pom)
felix@pcfelix ~/svn/apache/directory/studio/trunk $

Would this be a way to go?

Yeah, it could be a way, but, to me, if I follow what you showed, the help plugins will only be built if there's the -Dfastbuild flag added to the CLI.
Am I wrong ?

Thanks
Pierre-Arnaud