On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
IMO the question is 'What for want you do a maven build?'.

The intention of a fast build is to generate a fully functional distribution that we can run and test in a few seconds.
We usually make modifications in the code and either launch the application in Eclipse or run "mvn install" and launch the generated distribution to test if the behavior is OK.

I could imagine to have a profile (root pom) containing the modules
*help, updatesite,studio (I think this are the ones failing when there
are missing *help artifacts).
If none of those two (updatesite and studio=dist) is needed to be built
on a 'fast build' this works also. But this is only if a fast mvn build
is just to see if it compiles.
So it's really the question what's the intention of a fast build.

Yeah, the idea is to be able to launch a generated distribution, so I believe this won't unfortunately help.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud