directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ldap.toString() returning a Normalized DN is an error...
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 02:57:45 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

1++

This was definitely a pain in some of my code that needed to deal with
both JNDI Names and LdapDN's but couldn't deal with them
interchangeably, as in the LdapDN case the toString() result was, as
you say, pretty useless from most purposes.

As it happens Pierre-Arnaud and I exchanged an email about whether
this behaviour was still the case inf 1.5.4 a few weeks back. I have
some really dim-distant memory of discussing this with you a long time
ago too - am I mistaken, or did you start a round of tidying this up
once before?

Thanks!