directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using ApacheDS as a back-end for ConfigurationAdmin
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 06:28:54 GMT
Hey Chris!

Thanks for the pointer.  I had seen some code about the OSGi packaging
but I missed that piece of code.
I've downloaded the latest distribution and for the packaging, it may
be easier to just use a single bundle with all the apacheds-* and
shared-* jars.
We have already most (if not all) the other dependencies packaged as
OSGi bundles available for ServiceMix.
I guess I'll try that first and see how it goes.  I can easily provide
a patch to do that.
I don't know the apacheds internals and I'm not sure if some of the
jars are optional or not, so if it makes sense to deploy only a subset
of these jars.
If yes, it may be better to directly package those jars as bundles,
provided that there is no clashes in the packages (no classes from two
different jars belong to the same package).

For the ConfigurationAdmin service, there are two choices:
re-implement it from scratch, or leverage the felix one and just plug
in a different backend store.  I would rather go the second way, as
the interface to implement is quite simple:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/configadmin/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/cm/PersistenceManager.java
However, it seems that this interface is not able to notify the config
admin service of any changes, so it may be easier to restart from
scratch.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet